Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Medicated.

As most know, we've been dealing with some intense eye issues with Fiona for the past 2 weeks or so. Started out that the docs said it's migraines and after a trip to the ER, some tylenol 3 and a "Maybe go see an eye dog? *shrug*" and we were sent on our way. After a few days of constant meds and ZERO improvement and her left eye swelling up something awful, I brought her back to the ER. This time, I was not leaving without some answers. So, we waited a couple hours to be seen and the first thing the doc says is "well, with migraines in children..." Stop right there. Wrong answer. Try another idea. She went to get her boss and they put some funky glow under black light eye drops into her eyes and checked them out with a blacklightoscope (like that?). They drew a pic of "her eye", showing the spot that they were seeing on it. Turns out it's a similar injury to what they see in welders...then asked "did she get metal in her eye?" Um, really? Like that wouldn't be my opening line 'so she got metal shrapnel in her eye...' So new diagnosis, injury to eye that isn't healing. Put some goopy meds into her eye 3 times a day for 7 days, go to the eye doc and *fingers crossed* :voila:? We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Eoghan had his psychiatrist appointment today. In case I haven't mentioned it before, I really don't like this guy. He's such a jerk and so impersonal. After an awkward conversation of "well, his school said he's not that bad there...but if you really can't handle it...we can medicate. I'm just worried you'll be let down if it doesn't help". I wanted to slap the man. I swear it's not just me. I'm not the only person that has seen Eoghan get out of control. I need a new doc. So if anyone knows a good child psychiatrist, in the area, let me know! That being said, Eoghan was prescribed a medication..I've never heard of it before (starts with a T), and I'm hoping it will help. Update in a few weeks when we go back to see the jerky shrink.

I recently started on a new antidepressant, Fluoxetine (generic Prozac) and while it hasn't helped 100% with the depression/anxiety issues, it's helped with my hunger! The stuff is awesome. Apparently the average fatty loses about 7.4 pounds with it. Snap! lol. I'm ready to get my head back together though, and stop the severe mood swings.

Anyway...that's all I can think of for now. Thinking some Sudafed for my stupid sinuses is in order (just to keep with the theme of the post, I figured I'd share lol). Chow homies.

No comments: