Tuesday, June 04, 2013

The Perpetually Injured Child...

I know that kids get hurt...but Fiona seems to get injured far more often than any kid I know. I feel bad for her, because I know how it is to be "that kid". I was always hurting myself...and still am lol. A couple days ago she was clothes lined at the park (update at the end of the blog) and today, she got attacked by the cat. She wanted to play with Barley, but he wasn't in the mood. I told her to back off...but she wouldn't listen. So she came over to me crying because he attacked her. I didn't see any scratches at all, so I kissed her boo boo and continued about my business. I looked over at her, and she had blood running from her head and down her face!!! OMG!!!! 
 
I scooped her up and ran her to the kitchen to clean her up, expecting to see a huge gash...but there wasn't anything!! Meanwhile, Eoghan's freaking out because his little sister is bleeding all over the place and I'm trying to get him to bring me the phone so I could call my mom. (I was getting ready to bring her to the ER lol). As I'm on the phone, I see the wound...

See that teeny tiny little speck in the middle of her scalp? Yeah...that's it. That tiny little gouge caused her to bleed like she cracked her head open. Ugh.
 
Update for the playground incident: I called the landlord and told him what went down. He told me to get in touch with the city, as it's a city playground, and tell them what happened and to request a sign stating that "Parents must supervise children at all times". He also called the other owner of the different buildings and found out that this isn't their first incident with the little boy that tied the rope to the slide. They will be contacting the boys mother and notifying her of what happened.
 
I think I'm going to get a roll of bubble wrap and wrap her up in it. I'm tired of her getting hurt all the time. Silly Polish genetics.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have bubble wrap

Unknown said...

I have bubble wrap