Friday, October 04, 2013

The Hypochondriac/Faker Child.

Anyone else have a kid that goes to the nurse every week because they "don't feel good *exaggerated cough*"? Or maybe when they get hurt, the limp or favor that part of their body for days even though you know they're fine? That's my Lily. She's a sensitive girl...emotional...doesn't handle pain well. She's my mini me. If someone in the house is sick or has a cold, she's in the nurse the next day "sick too"...but has no fever and the nurse suspects she's full of crap.

One time, we were at a birthday party bowling and she dropped a bowling ball on her bare toes. That had to hurt. She couldn't walk and was crying uncontrollably. Brought her to the ER and got x rays...doc said "nothing is broken, but it's probably going to be sore and bruised for a while." 20 minutes later, she's running around the yard at Grandma's. WTF?

Tonight she was riding her bike and fell...landing hard on her knee. Instantly it swelled up and looked like hell. She couldn't bend it at all...I decided to bring her to the Urgency Room and as we were there, the tears subsided, the swelling started going down...and she started screwing around with her wheelchair. Mom's been duped. Doc said "it's a little sprain." cleaned out her scrape and sent us on our way. Lily was miraculously able to hobble out of the clinic. Imagine that.

Why do I bring her in right away? Well, a couple reasons. 1, I don't want to not bring them in and have it end up being serious. 2, When I was young, I broke my foot in the most ridiculous of ways and my parents didn't think it could possibly be broken...and it was. 3, She's one hell of a freaking actress. Seriously...she needs to get into acting. Next time, she better be missing a finger before I bring her in! I'm tired of looking like an idiot when it turns out she was exaggerating an injury. Yeah, yeah, yeah...my mom and Jim say "ice it and wait it out" but when they're screaming and crying in pain...it's not so easy. Ugh. I'm tired of being the chump lol.

I know she's doing it for attention...and it works so well. When I say "Lily, are you faking?" or "Are you fibbing?" She freaks out and asks why I never believe her. Well, she's kind of a hypochondriac faker face. That's why. Well...mama's sympathy is gone. And the trust is shot. She is the girl that cried sick/broken. She's going to have to earn it back. If she ever breaks a bone and I don't bring her to the doc for several hours and they ask why, I will share this blog post. *sigh* What an exhausting night. Time to ice the brat's knee. Later.

4 comments:

anita said...

I never bring my kids in right away and have missed plenty of stuff, scarlet fever, sprain. well my Doc said it best, "If I can miss a broken arm in my own kid, you shouldn't worry about it." WHAT!? Yup he missed that his own kids arm was broken. Making her wait doesn't mean you don't love her. Her crying doesn't mean you are a bad mom.

Jen said...

Amen sister. I have seen the light... Unless I see a bone sticking out or an eyeball on the ground, we're waiting it out.

angela said...

My boy walked around for about a week with a broken finger.... And I am an awesome mom! :-)

Iola K said...

Lyam fell off the couch and hit the back of his head on the table.... Chad was the awesome parent saying he will be fine... after the kid puked after this. Yeah we went in.