Friday, January 27, 2012

Addicted to Altering.


Earlier this week I got my lip pierced at Rose of No Man's Land tattoo and piercing parlor. I am back to being addicted to altering my body. I've got 4 tattoos and have had a few different piercings over the years. After I got my lip done, I felt like everyone was staring at me. I know it's mostly in my head...but when I look in the mirror, I look off to myself. I've wanted to get it done for years and now that I have, I regret it? Maybe I don't...I don't know. I'm hoping that once it's healed enough to put in a stud I'll like the look more. I guess this is the "adult" part of me thinking maybe I'm too old to do this sorta thing to my body. Maybe I outgrew the piercing part of life.
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
I have not, however, grown out of the tattoo phase. That is one that I don't think I will outgrow, at least not any time soon. I have so many tats that I want to get...now I only need to find the money to do it. I also need to find a good artist that can help me put some of my ideas to paper. I have some fantastic images in my head that I can't seem to verbalize properly. It's so frustrating. I am planning to (hoping to I should say) get a tat while I'm down in Florida. After my last tattoo experience where the shop was no longer in business when I went to go back for a touch up on my horseshoe, I am kind wary though. I am still itching for it though. Tattoos and child birth are the most beautiful pain lol.

My cousins posted this video recently called "Shit People Say to Tattooed People" and the "Tattoo Locations" picture...both made me giggle. I have a teal,purple/orange (it's in between both spots lol), red and pink. The calves are not covered..but I will have some there eventually too. Thank you picture for summing up "who I am".

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Totally relate to you on this. I am overly addicted to tattoos. Went from none to five in a little over 3 months last year. And the fifth one covers over 50% of my back! I should be going in with in the next couple of months to add to my collection. All mine are done by the same artist and I absolutely love him. If you want to check him out his name is Benny and he now is at The truth tattoos, http://www.facebook.com/#!/truthtattoos?sk=wall.