Monday, January 23, 2012

Jim+Jen=Love


The other night Jim asked me what makes a happy marriage and why we have a such a good one. Aside from the fact that I think we're soul mates, we're lucky. Lucky that we found people so perfect for us (well, aside from the whole "he wants a clean house and I hate to clean" thing, but still...). Maybe it's mean, but when I see people who have an obviously not so great relationship, I can't help but think of how grateful I am to have Jim. He's my best friend as well as my husband. We've been together for almost 9 years and we're still going strong. We haven't lost that spark. He puts up with a lot of crap from me (and Bob knows I put up with tons from him :KIDDING:) and he still loves me. He loves me even though I'm fat. He watches girly movies with me. He rubs my feet just because. He lets me sleep in. I gives me anything I ask for and more. He flatters me constantly. He treats me with respect. He makes me laugh. He listens to me whine. He plays "Boggle" with me even though he hates it. He is everything I could ever want. Did I mention that he's gorgeous and smart and funny and witty and wonderful? I think it's so easy for people to forget why they fell in love with their partners. Why not take a step back and write a list of all the reasons you love them. And if you truly aren't happy, you can change it. Everyone deserves to be happy and loved for who they are.



Jimmy, I love you so much. Thanks for being you.



No comments: