Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm the better friend.

Yesterday was a pretty craptastic day for me, complete with mental breakdown. So, when Jim got home, I was ready to go to my friend's (Leticia) thirty one party and forget about my woes. After the party, a different friend (Sara) asks if we want to go do karaoke. Sure, sounds fun! So we head out to the bar. On the way, Leticia mentions again how much she hates driving in St. Paul (which is weird, because everyone knows Minneapolis is scary and St. Paul is fine). A few minutes later, she starts chanting "Is this really happening? Is this really happening to me?" Thinking her brain damage is coming out (she has a really bad bout of meningitis a few months ago which resulted in a horrible seizure and we then blamed any odd behavior on that, like good friends do), I'm like "Yes, this IS happening...!?!?" Then I look and there's an ambulance coming up behind us. She's freaking out like "What do I do!?" and decides to get off on the exit right by us...which just so happens to be the exit to Regions hospital...and the ambulance followed us onto the exit. She's freaking out because the guy in front of her won't go faster so we can get out of the way, and we can't pull over. Thankfully we were able to get out of the way and the ambulance turned. But that started out the night's LOL moments. We get to the bar finally...and on the way in we argue over which of us is the better friend.(random, but relevant to the story) So the four of us (Leticia, Sarah, Michelle (Sarah's friend) and myself) are sitting at the table and have a shot and start laughing at something. That's when the real action began... all of a sudden Leticia is puking all over the table (note, I'm laughing hysterically as I type this). I hop up and try to help her, but it's not stopping...and neither is my laughter.
Sara and Michelle are laughing and then Sara starts puking all over too!! I'm suddenly reminded of the scene from "Stand By Me", if you know what I'm talking about, you're laughing too. Sara takes off out onto the patio and Leticia (who finally stops barfing but is COVERED in it) runs to the bathroom. I grab up all of the purses and jackets and explain to the waitress that my friend isn't drunk, she choked on her shot. I get to the bathroom and give Leticia my shirt...and officially make myself the better friend, because I literally gave her the shirt off my back. Oh snap. So she comes out of the bathroom stall and says "I fucking pissed my pants." OMG!!! I can't believe this is actually happening. It's probably the funniest night of my life. I've forgotten all about the bs that happened earlier in the day. Thank you girls, for puking all over the place and wetting yourselves. And just remember,
So now, we're headed home and we're laughing about everything and Leticia asks what I was going to sing. I was going to sing "Ironic" by Alanis. I shit you not, the song on the radio wraps up and on comes "Ironic". It was the most ironic moment ever.
Thank you universe for sharing last night with me. :)

No comments: