Thursday, April 18, 2013

Whazzaaaaaah....

Just thought I'd do a quick update.

Jim and I just celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. This year also happens to be our 10th year of being together. I'm pretty impressed with our awesomeness. Just sayin'. So, to celebrate, we went to Northern Vineyards in Stillwater for a wine tasting (first time ever, was pretty neat!) and then headed over to Outback for some grub. We even tried lobster(tail) for the first time ever...we've talked about trying it, but I was only on board if someone took it out of the shell and there was lemon and butter on it. OMG, it was NAAAAAASTAY! I choked the one bite I had down without barfing...but it was close. Let's just say, I don't understand the hype lol. We ended up bringing it home for the kids. (Eoghan hated it, the girls loved it) So another year under our belts, and in June we celebrate our 10th year together...I'm a lucky girl. (Love you babe)


 
On Wednesday I had my second appointment with the dietician (2 months down, 4 to go!) for my gastric bypass surgery. This time, she gave me a list of things I have to have mastered by surgery. Some of the stuff made me make the face above^^^. Included are:

*Eat slowly in a quiet, relaxed environment. (Haha, right.)
*Take 20-30 minutes to eat each meal. (People have that kind of time?)
*Take small bites and chew food to applesauce consistency. (shit's hard to do!)
*Separate fluids from meals by at least 30 minutes. (I'm so parched just thinking about this one. And hello, I'm a white girl that likes to eat spicy Mexican fare...I NEED water or my mouth will burn off.)
*Avoid caffeine and carbonated beverages. (Nooooo!)
*Don't drink alcohol for the first year. (Fuck.)

They weren't kidding when they said "this is a total lifestyle change." :sigh: I am, committed. So let's do all of these things like they're going out of style! My birthday will be my last night of drinking. The rest just has to be "mastered" by surgery. Wish me luck.

 
Lily started her run for Little Miss West St. Paul. Saturday was the kickoff dinner that, well, kicked it all off. She did a little "commercial" for everyone there to promote her sponsor (Pace's Tire and Service Center)...she sang a poem to the tune of "Jack and Jill" and it was freaking ADORABLE. The girls walked around and socialized with all of the different people...I am so glad that girl is a social butterfly and has no fear of talking to people. Makes my job a lot easier. The cake we made (snicker's cake with "gold nuggets") was auctioned off and sold for $100! Lily was disappointed when she found out she didn't get to keep that money. Lily really enjoyed herself, and we're looking forward to more fun next month. Go Lily!
 
Well, that's all for now. More later. Ciao!
 
 

No comments: