Friday, March 22, 2013

Quoted.

“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –Life’s Little Instruction Book
 
As I've mentioned in other posts, I'm getting ready to make some very big changes in my life. Let me tell you now, I am scared to death. When I stop to actually think about doing these things...I start having a panic attack. Then I think about how it makes me feel to doubt myself so much that I panic...and I get very sad. Everybody should trust in themselves. Why don't I?

“By changing nothing, nothing changes.” -Tony Robbins

Last night I went to the mandatory weight loss surgery informational meeting to learn about all of my options and ask any questions I had. It was a really great class/meeting and I left there confident in my decision to get the surgery. Now comes "the process". I have my first appointment next week with the dietician. She will help me begin a 6 month, monitored diet. During that time I will meet with a psych doc to make sure I'm mentally fit to be able to take care of myself and understand what is required of me both during and after surgery. The whole thing is expected to take between 6 and 8 months. I am beyond excited. I'm excited to be the best me I can be.  

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” –Walt Disney

One of the things the speaker/surgeon said was, "Think about why you want this surgery. Why you want to lose weight." Really? I think every fat person...every morbidly obese person...has thought about that every day that they've been fat. So, I sat down today and I started writing. Such a simple question, such a complex answer. I ended up writing 4 pages before I made myself wrap it up. It's amazing how deep the weight problems go, and where they even begin. It's funny, but while writing my "essay" as I will now call it and filling out my paperwork, I quoted Fat Bastard from the Austin Powers movie, "I eat because I'm unhappy and I'm unhappy because I eat." The most appropriate quote on this blog.

“You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” –A.A. Milne

Like many others, I've been saying for years that I should go back to school. It's been 10 years since I graduated high school and I'm super afraid to go back to school. Well, after a month of saying (after years of saying it) "I'm going to request more info about the programs." I finally did it. I bit the bullet and I went online to request the information. No, I didn't call them, because I'm passive aggressive lol. Well, about 30 minutes after I submitted my info, I go the first call from Globe and set up a meeting with her to talk about the program and stuff. Within 2 minutes of hanging up, I shit you not, Argosy called me. So the next couple of weeks, I get to find out which school wants me more and is willing to jump through the most hoops to get me grants to pay for college. OMG!


“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” –Unknown

  So, in a a year or 2, I will be in a different place in my life. I'm ready for the changes. I'm ready to give my children a mom to be proud of...a mom that can physically keep up with them. Now when I tell my children to go to college, I won't be a hypocrite. When I tell them, nothing will change if you don't change it, I'll have some morbidly obese examples for them (that was supposed to be funny, laugh.) Up until that point though, there will be many ups and downs...many tears spilled...many hours of babysitting needed...As was said by Will Smith, "If you're absent during my struggles, don't expect to be present during my success."

I hope to see you all there.

“Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” -Walter Anderson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only the smartest, most beautiful woman would take so many steps to ensure that she continues to grow smarter and more beautiful. Your children should be proud of you and I'm sure they are. I personally believe that self worth should not be measured by the numbers on a scale, but I understand where the world is. Keep doing it, you're doing everything right.