Friday, May 31, 2013

Ugh.

Today I had my first appointment (of at least 3) with the bariatric surgery shrink. I got in and started filling out paperwork. Thankfully I got there 15 minutes early and got a head start (still ended up taking almost an hour to complete!). They wanted some serious background information. I was afraid I'd need an extra piece of paper to continue my answers. So I get in with the doc and his assistant/intern/lady that sits and types everything and stares at me but doesn't talk to me {awkward!}. He starts asking a billion questions and I remember reading that some people who already had it said essentially "if you want the surgery you lie, lie, lie so they don't think you're nuts." Even if I wanted to lie my way through it, there's no way I'd get away with it...they request tons of medical records! So now I get to go through a two hour test/screening to make sure my stress levels aren't too high and my depression/anxiety is within "normal" range. Great. I'm feeling like things didn't go well and they're going to tell me I'm too stressed out to continue...which is stressing me out even more. Vicious cycle? I think so. Keeping my fingers crossed that I am just reading too far into it and freaking myself out for nothing. Uuuuuggggghhhhhh.

No comments: