Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hormones.

 
For several months now, I've been dealing with increasingly painful uterine problems. It's gotten to the point where I am now in pain for 3 weeks out of the month and have mild relief for 1. I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago and I told her that my symptoms seem to point toward endometriosis. To my surprise, she agreed. (I have a crappy doc.) She prescribed me birth control pills to try.
 
 
I've been taking the pill for about 3 weeks now, and I cannot believe how well they've been working for me. I still have uterine pain, but it's 80% better. I guess we'll find out how it's really going once I hit the green pills. Another plus side: I'm having an awesome side effect ...my anxiety is almost gone! I went from having anxiety/panic attacks almost daily, to once a week. I am honestly just amazed. I feel like a different person.
 
I've noticed that as my pain increased every month, my face (and chest) has steadily gotten worse. I've never had perfect skin, by an means...but never like this. I went from "comfortable" to "please don't look at me!" I have people ask me "Do you have a rash?" or say "It looks like you're having an allergic reaction!" or "Wow, you're really breaking out." Yeah...thanks for the concern. I just have adult acne. :( It's so embarrassing! I've tried a different cleanser, washing my face twice a day, different medications, getting sun, drinking more water...I'm even going back to the dermatologist to beg for help. I'm assuming that the hormone problem that was attacking my uterus also affected my skin. I'm praying that the b/c pills will help...but after almost a month, I'm seeing zero difference.
     (forgive the psycho eyes, I tend to do that in selfies lol.)

What have you used to get rid of acne? I need some tried and true tips and tricks. I'm just a train wreck...I'm super fat, have horrible skin and bad hair. WTF. I was already a teenager once, I'm not looking to go through that again. Apparently I pissed off the powers that be and I'm being punished lol.

Quick updates: Today is appointment 4 of 6 with my dietician. Next week I go get my "crazy test" results from the bariatric shrink. If all goes as planned, I'm about 4 months out from surgery.

I called the "quit line" and got set up with the Quit Smoking Program. In the next day or so, I should be getting my free quit smoking aids and I will be on my way. Yay getting my health back!!!

Anywho, that's all for now. Catch ya later!!


No comments: